My photo
Welcome to The Secular Gospel According to Jess! In this blog you’ll find everything from cartoons that make me laugh, to quotes that inspire me, to stories of my own personal experience when it comes to dealing with religion and pretty much everything in between. The title of my blog is intended to be ironic, as one doesn’t often hear the word, “gospel”, associated with secularism, but my intent is to preach, for lack of a better word, what I think gospel should really be about: love, rationalism, fairness, equality, human rights, science and truth. Enjoy!

Friday, January 21, 2011

King of Anything

"Who cares if you disagree? You are not me, who made you king of anything? So you dare tell me who to be? Who died and made you king of anything? You sound so innocent, all full of good intent, swear you know best, but you expect me to jump up on board with you and ride off into your delusional sunset. I’m not the one who’s lost with no direction, but you’ll never see."
-Sara Bareilles


I have a really hard time with religious people who are under the impression that my soul is in danger because I choose not to believe in a Biblical God.

No comments:

Post a Comment