My photo
Welcome to The Secular Gospel According to Jess! In this blog you’ll find everything from cartoons that make me laugh, to quotes that inspire me, to stories of my own personal experience when it comes to dealing with religion and pretty much everything in between. The title of my blog is intended to be ironic, as one doesn’t often hear the word, “gospel”, associated with secularism, but my intent is to preach, for lack of a better word, what I think gospel should really be about: love, rationalism, fairness, equality, human rights, science and truth. Enjoy!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Forgiveness is not something we leave up to God or Jesus.

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." -Lewis B. Smedes

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit that I'm not good at forgiving. I'm good at holding on to things, internalizing it and letting it grow inside until I explode (I also admit that is not good). Thanks for the quote, buddy.

    Kriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, i find it really difficult to forgive anyone who has wronged me. the high road is hard to find.

    good song btw, by the broken bells "the high road." listen and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete